What did you take away from this episode? Share your thoughts with a comment and don’t forget to react to this episode with an emoji!
Photo Credit: Haley Shapley
Haley Shapley is the author of STRONG LIKE HER and an award-winning journalist whose writing has appeared in Shape, SELF, Teen Vogue, Forbes Health, The Saturday Evening Post, Sierra, The Telegraph, and many other publications. An Olympics superfan and exercise enthusiast, Shapley has cycled 206 miles from Seattle to Portland, summited the highest glaciated peak in the continental United States, competed in a bodybuilding show, and run a marathon. She lives in Seattle.
During this episode, Haley and Danielle have an open and transparent conversation about the following topics and more:
- What inspired Haley to write the book STRONG LIKE HER
- Why we see a focus on men in fitness and sports
- Benefits of strength training
- The connection between physical power and political power
- Tips for getting started with strength training
Connect with Haley Shapley: