I’m a huge fan of smoothies and freshly made juices. This audacious green smoothie is great for breakfast or after a workout – the choice is completely yours.
Now, whilst the gorgeous photo used for this post isn’t mine, the recipe is based on exactly what I use to make my smoothie. I use a brilliant app called Nutracheck which is a Calorie & Nutrient tracking app. I log a vast majority of the things I eat daily and build my meals in the app to monitor my intake when it comes to calories, fat, sugar, salt etc.
Okay, so let’s get into the audacious green smoothie! The reason why I love it is because it’s super tasty, and supports cleansing out my system. Plus, based on the ingredients listed it’s 3.5 portions of my 5-a-day.
You can use brands of your choice and if almond milk isn’t your jam, feel free to use a non-dairy milk of choice.
- 35g M&S Food Washed & Ready to Eat Mild Spinach 120g
- 15g Fresh Ginger Root, Raw
- 200ml Alpro Almond Long Life Drink 1L
- 133g Sainsbury’s SO Organic Pears
- 95g Sainsbury’s 5 Fairtrade Bananas
- 45g Sainsbury’s So Organic Cucumber
- Wash and prepare ingredients as and where required.
- Put all ingredients into a blender – I use a Ninja blender (so damn noisy but I LOVE it) however, any blender you have will do.
- Blend on medium speed for 40 to 60 seconds until the mixture is super smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy! Highly recommend you consume immediately after making.
Nutrition Info (1 serving):
You can double or triple the ingredients depending on how many people you’re making it for. You can also increase or decrease the amounts based on your taste preferences. Please note that doing this, and the brands you use will impact the nutrition information. However, if you use Nutracheck you can gain an understanding of what the new nutrition information will be based on your edits.