Life doesn’t always have to be about big grand changes. The simple and little things we do can also bring us a more positive and fulfilling lifestyle.
Here are 6 positive changes to make to your life right now that require no money or real prep time! All you need to do is pick and commit. Maybe start with one and add another, the choice is yours.
1. Unfollow and block anyone that makes you feel bad about yourself or that leads to comparison. This could be on social media and in real life. Whatever the case may be, free yourself because you have full control over who and what you allow in your space.
2. Engage with something each day that makes you laugh. I love to save funny videos on Instagram and go through them when I have time and want to laugh my ass off. Also, make yourself laugh by not taking yourself too seriously. Live and enjoy life regardless of what may be going on.
3. Don’t be so hard on yourself. I can be my biggest cheerleader and my biggest critic so I always have to balance it out and treat myself how I would treat others. I love Marie Forleo’s book and quote “everything is figureoutable” because it’s so freaking true!
What would you say to someone who came to you with an issue or who had a bad day? Depending on the type of conversation, I would let them know that everything will work out and there are better days ahead. Ensure you are treating yourself with the same level of kindness you would show to others.
4. Celebrate your achievements no matter how small they may seem. Not everything has to be grand! Acknowledge and celebrate when you achieve the things you set out to do. Don’t brush them off as insignificant because like I always say, the small things together create something so much bigger.
5. If you find yourself saying “I’ll try”, stop trying and start actually doing! This is simply about flipping the words and phrases you use. The graphic below is a prime example of this.
6. Do something you’ve always wanted to do. Set yourself weekly challenges on Sunday morning (or another day of your choice) with something simple and achievable you know you’ll have the capacity for and will be able to commit to. For example, I challenged myself to start skipping and I absolutely LOVE it. The first day I started skipping I thought I was going to die – like seriously!😅 Now I don’t have that feeling but it’s still a freaking challenge.
What affirmation do you like the most? Share with a comment and don’t forget to react to this post with an emoji!